Sydney 14 April 2024
Postural Assessment is an integral part of developing treatment plans and identifying areas of restriction and immobility.
An ability to read posture is essential to delivering targeted long term results. Poor posture can increase the risk of chronic injuries so as a practitioner, it’s important to be able to recognise and assess your clients posture.
Practice with Purpose
Postural Assessment Outline
- The effects of poor posture on the musculoskeletal system
- How emotions are reflected in our posture
- Different postural types including Upper Crossed Syndrome and Lower Crossed Syndrome
- Learn how to perform a postural assessment
- The importance of functional assessment
- How to correct poor posture
- How to perform movement screens to determine areas of restriction and poor mobility
- Gain treatment protocols for forward head posture and anterior pelvic tilt
Learn Functional Assessment of the:
- Ankle Joint
- Pelvis/Hip Complex
- Transverse Abdominus
- Thoracic Spine
- Lower fibres of the Trapezius
Who is this course for?
This course has been developed for all bodywork and movement practitioners including Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Personal Trainers, Pilates and Yoga Instructors.
Sydney Crows Nest Centre